Vanda Sanchai Gold Spots 'No. 9' is a hybrid of Vanda Augusto Delight and Vanda Sankamphaeng. Large 3-toned flowers: Yellow, orange, pink flowers with burgundy freckles & maroon red filling on sepals, on tall stems from mid-winter to early spring. Grow in very warm, humid and sunny conditions and stake to support the weight of the flowers. Each spike can produce 12-20 four-inch round flowers. Some have 2 spikes. An outstanding Vanda, has potential to receive a silver or gold medal on your show bench. A must have for Vanda Lovers!
*** You can grow it in a 4" basket, bare root if you have high humidity and water them daily. Or you can plant it in a 6" baskets with moss or clay pot with extra large New Zealand bark. This will keep moisture around the roots so you don't have to water daily.
Vanda orchids must not be allowed to dry out entirely. Saturate the roots with water every time you water, that means the roots should turn green and retain a drop of water at the tip. Watering of Vandas must be done with care to prevent water from remaining in the crowns (top leaves), a condition that can cause crown rot.
Pot size: Large plant in 4" hanging basket
Color(s): Yellow, orange, pink with red spots & maroon red filling on sepals
Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Plant size: 18"– 24" tall
Temperature: Intermediate-Warm (55ºF – 90ºF)
Light Level: High light, 50% filter light
Water: Keep moist, but can dry out between watering if grow in pot
Fertilizer: Heavy feeder. Often, 2 - 3 times a week
Pictures ©2021 Orchid Design from actual plants for sale @ www.ORCHIDesign.com
All images on this listing are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission
- Please read and look very carefully before you decide to buy. Due to the sensitive nature of the orchid's condition, we DO NOT accept return or refund after plant shipped.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.