Vanda denisoniana – A beautiful fragrant Vanda species from Yunnan China, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. It blooms in the late winter and spring with few (4 to 6) flowered inflorescence and carries waxy flowers that have a strong vanilla scent in the early evening. The flowers have variable colors, but they are usually ivory, cream, lemon-yellow or golden-yellow, but there are also reports of yellow-brown and copper-colored forms. Waxy, very durable flowers.
A very nice fragrant species Vanda to add to your orchid collection.
You can grow it in a 4" basket, bare root if you have high humidity and water daily. You can also plant it in a 5" basket with moss or a clay pot with extra large New Zealand bark, this will keep moisture around the roots so you don't have to water every day.
Pot size: 4" basket
Color(s): Yellow – Gold
Bloom: Blooming Size
Plant size: 12"-16" not including roots
Temperature: Warm to Cool (50º–85ºF)
Light Level: Moderately bright, diffused light
Air circulation: Strong
Water: Keep moist and can dry out between watering
Fertilizer: Heavy feeder. Often 2 - 3 times a week
Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Monday, we may ship the item the following week.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission