Vanda coerulescens Blue, a nice compact species from India with sometimes branching sprays of 1-2 inch flowers colored in lilac blue with a deeper colored indigo-blue lip or pink with a red lip. Nice grape fragrance! Blooms in late winter to spring.
You can grow it in a 4" basket, bare root if you have high humidity and water daily. You can also plant it in a 5" basket with moss or a clay pot with extra large New Zealand bark, this will keep moisture around the roots so you don't have to water every day.
Pot size: Large plant in 4" basket
Color(s): Blue, purple
Bloom: Large Blooming Size, fragrant
Plant size: 10"-14" not including roots
Temperature: Hot to Cool (50º–95ºF)
Light Level: Medium-High
Water: Keep moist and can dry out between watering
Fertilizer: Heavy feeder. Often 2 - 3 times a week
Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Monday, we may ship the item the following week.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission