Maxillaria picta – A charming and compact outdoor-grower from Brazil and Argentina which has a sweet and slightly pungent fragrance. The flower's base color is butter-yellow with fine, dark burgundy markings on the flower's reverse. Recently re-classified as Brasiliorchis picta. Temperature Tolerant. March – April blooming.
Plant can be grown in a fine bark medium, full sphagnum moss, or mounted on tree fern or cork. Grow in cool to warm conditions with medium amounts of light. Water regularly and keep mix moist but not wet. Plant require semi-dry rest through the winter month.
It is a very easy plant to grow! It is very difficult to over water. It's not a slow grower, which many people will thoroughly appreciate. It can grow in a variety of potting media. It can handle a lot of strong lighting. The lighting is like that for Vandas.
Simple. No complicated twists or turns to grow. Perfect for a beginner.
Pot size: 5"
Plant size: Large, 12"-16" leaf span
Fragrant: YES! It's fragrant!
Color: Yellow, white with redspots
Bloom: IN BLOOM (March)
Bloom Season: Spring, Summer
Temperature: Cool – Warm (40º–100ºF)
Light Level: Shade or bright filter light
Water: Keep moist & can slightly dry out between watering
Fertilizer: Every watering with half strength of 20-20-20 in Spring – Fall
Air circulation: Medium
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Monday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission