Den. findlayanum var. oculatum found in the Chinese Himalayas, Myanmar, Thailand and Laos at altitudes of 1000 to 1700 meters in mixed forests as a medium to large sized, cool growing epiphytic orchid that is with compressed bilaterally, each node swollen, to 7 nodes, green turning yellow, to 22" (50 cm) long stems that are sulcate with age and carry deciduous, narrowly elliptic or lanceolate, acute, bright green leaves and blooms in the winter and spring on a very short, axillary, racemose inflorescence that arises from the nodes near the apex of mature leafless canes with a few, long lasting, color variable, fragrant flowers.
From fall to winter water should be reduced but in late winter fertilizer and water should be stopped altogether and only resumed with the onset of new growth.
Plant are varied from 8" to 24" long canes
Flower Size: 3" to 4"
Colors: white to pink, purple tips with dark eyes in yellow throat on pink lip
Media: Barks, or moss if your growing area dry
Humidity: Medium to high (50%-80%)
Air circulation: medium
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission