Dendrobium falconeri is found throughout the Himalayas and also in Taiwan. Pendant wiry 12” canes are swollen towards the tips and become branched with age, narrow 3” leaves are semi-deciduous leaving many bare canes.
Winter/spring bloomer producing random clusters of 3” to 4” blooms, large crystalline white flowers with tips dipped in purple, large white lip has a purple tip and a deep red center ringed with bright yellow. Protect the buds and flowers from getting wet to prolong the bloom.
Needs good quality water frequently, needs less water in the winter but doesn't want to be dry for any extended period of time.
Water should be gradually reduced through the late autumn and winter and then in January the water and fertilizer should be curtailed and the plant should be left to completely dry out with fertilizer and water being reintroduced only after the onset of new growth in the spring.
Flower Size 3" (7.5 cm)
Plant are about 8"-12" tall with multiple canes
Blooming Size: YES – from late Winter to Spring
Humidity: High (60 % – 80 %)
*** Shipping Policy
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Monday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!