Dendrobium bensoniae – Found in India, Myanmar and Thailand as a medium sized, pendant, hot to cool growing epiphyte at elevations of 450 to 1550 meters. Gorgeous and fragrant epiphyte with 5" to 12" deciduous canes; large, 2.5" crystalline white flowers decorated with gold lips with two prominent maroon spots on them, this deciduous orchid mass blooms in late spring and summer with a slight winter dry rest.
Through the winter months this plant should be watered less frequently but not allowed to dry out completely, cool weather helps as well and this plant can tolerate freezing temps for a short time if dry. Light fertilizer and heavy waterings throughout the growth cycle are instrumental in optimum plant growth and mounting accomodates the habit correctly.
Fertilizer: 1/4-1/2 dose of orchid fertilizer weekly
Humidity: High 80%-90%
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!