Den. anosmum var. semi-album 'Dark Eye' – A rare form of this species with a white petals and very dark eyes on lip. They reach full bloom in late March-April and remain in bloom for about four weeks. Some of these are in spikes again in our greenhouse on July. Under cooler conditions, the flowers may last longer. A well grown pseudobulb can produce over 100 flowers.
These species need a cold winter rest in order to bloom. Blooms on old and newly matured leafless canes. They are heavy feeders and want abundant water in their growing cycle from April to October. Grow them in an area of filtered sunlight. Avoid direct midday sunlight, unless you are close to the mountains and have a lot of cloud cover. Plants look better with fully growths when they are not in bloom!
Plant are varied from 8" to 24" long canes
Flower Size: 3" to 4"
Colors: white with dark eyes in the throat on white lip
Fragrant: Raspberry scent
Media: Barks, or moss if your growing area dry
Humidity: Medium to high (50%-80%)
Air circulation: medium
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission