Vanda tessellata 'Blue' is native to Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka. They are growing on trees in dry and intermediate zones at elevations around 1500 meters. It has long inflorescence carrying 5 to 12, fragrant grape to lilac scented, long-lived medium-size flowers which have an interesting greenish color with a very striking blue-purple lip. These plants are about a foot tall with extremely healthy roots. It is easy to grow and may bloom more than once a year.
You can grow it in a 4" basket, bare root if you have high humidity and water daily. You can also plant it in a 6" basket with moss or a clay pot with extra large New Zealand bark, this will keep moisture around the roots so you don't have to water every day.
Pot size: Medium plant in 4" basket
Color(s): Blue, greenish
Bloom: Blooming Size
Plant size: 12"-20" not including roots
Temperature: Cool to Warm (55º–89ºF)
Light Level: Medium-High
Water: Keep moist and can dry out between watering
Fertilizer: Heavy feeder. Often 2 - 3 times a week
Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Monday, we may ship the item the following week.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission