Cattleya trianae – Colombia’s national flower. Cattleya trianaei has the finest-shaped flowers of all the unifoliate cattleyas and the greatest range of color. It has many lovely pastel shades and varieties with flares, feathering in the petals and the most delicate and glistening textures. Despite its delicate texture, C. trianaei lasts in flower longer than any other Cattleya species, and five weeks is not uncommon. This beautiful orchid is not only beautiful, but is endangered in the wild because of habitat destruction and environmental degradation. This orchid has large sized flowers, and is a hot to cool growing epiphyte with narrowly clavate, grooved, shiny yellow orange pseudobulbs carrying a single, apical, oblong to elliptic-oblong, rounded and notched apically leaf that blooms in the winter on a terminal, to 12" (30 cm) long, few to several (3 to 14) flowered inflorescence subtended by a basal sheath carrying large, fragrant, color variable flowers.
Cattleya trianae variety coerulea is the rare color form with lavender blue petal with dark blue purple lip & yellow throat.
Pot Size: 4" pot - 3 – 5 bulbs
Blooming: Winter to early Spring.
Temp: warm - Intermediate - Cool
Light: Medium to Bright (filtered)
Watering: Moist but can be dry out between watering
Fertilizer: Every watering with half teaspoon 20-20-20 from Spring to Fall.
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission