Bc. (Brassocattleya) Amethyst is a beautiful hybrid between Brassavola cucullata and Cattleya purpurata. An elegant, easy to grow BrassoCattleya that can grow anywhere that does not get too cold. The flowers are usually about 5-6 inches in diameter, blending from white to a purple outline with a gorgeous purple lip from the Cattleya purpurata parent. Of course, it has a wonderful fragrance from both parents, day and night.
This Brassocattleya Amethyst grows best in intermediate conditions, on cork slabs with semi-humid to humid environments or in pots with medium bark. Basket-grown Brassavola hybrids can quickly outgrow their original basket and form a specimen plant that completely covers the original container. Don't bother repotting or remounting larger Brassavola, but feel free to take divisions and rapidly multiply your plant stock.
Brassocattleya Amethyst prefer light that is similar to the Cattleya orchids light requirements: bright light, but no direct sun. if you have a light meter, anywhere from 2000-3000 foot-candles is ideal.
Brassavola are fast-growing orchids and will quickly begin to yield divisions to increase your collection or make your orchid-loving friends very happy.
Pot Size: 4" pot or bare root
Blooming Size: YES, bloom anytime of the year
Temp: Intermediate to warm (50ºF-85ºF)
Light: Medium, bright light or 50% shade
Watering: moist from Spring to Fall. Reduce water in Winter
Fertilizer: Regular feeding with a balanced fertilizer from Spring to Fall
Air circulation: Strong
- Read the description very carefully before you purchase. Due to the sensitive nature of orchids, there are no refunds or returns when plants leave our nursery.
- You must let us know if you have special shipping needs, such as including a heat pack.
- Plants are packed carefully, but we cannot guarantee flowers, buds, sheaths or spikes once the plant leaves the nursery.
- We offer local pick up at the nursery in San Jose.
- We ship within the US; outside the US by arrangement only.
- We usually ship on Monday – Tuesday.
- If an order is received after 9:00 AM PST Tuesday, we may ship the item the following Monday.
- We normally ship by Priority USPS; or FedEx or UPS for large boxes.
- We will combine shipping where possible; some orders may be in multiple boxes.
- Plant may or may not ship with flowers.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery gets to a specific address in the time frame requested due to current shipping conditions.
- Time to arrival/delivery quotes are generated by USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, not Orchid Design. Also keep in mind the package will not travel in a direct route but rather from one shipping hub to another.
- If damage occurs in shipping and you want to file a claim with USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it is your responsibility to file a claim.
For more items find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/orchid.design.8888/ or on the web!
All images on this album are property of Orchid Design and cannot be used elsewhere without permission